Neon sign for Fosters Coach House Tavern, at 6411 Montgomery Street (U.S. Route 9) in Rhinebeck, New York, along the Hudson River. The tavern opened in 1890 and its first owner was named Walter Decker. Wally Foster called it Foster’s Coach House in the 1940s. In 2016, the Bender family purchased it from Bob and Karen Kirwood, restored it to its original furnishings, menu, and decor, and have been running it ever since. It is a staple of downtown Rhinebeck.