Over the past eight weeks, we have explored RPG Maker MV, a program that allows you to quickly and easily (in theory…) design your own computer role playing game. We created a game called Mists of Tongass and learned how to create realistic interiors, design characters and enemies, and craft missions. Now it’s time to put it all together.
In case this is your first visit, here are links to previous articles and a summery of what each article explained:
- Mists of Tongass I – Game title, hero, plot, and initial setting.
- Mists of Tongass II – Plot instigator, quest item, and basic dialogue.
- Mists of Tongass III – Town exterior, entrances and exits, and villagers (NPCs).
- Mists of Tongass IV – Interiors, overarching plot, and advanced dialogue.
- Mists of Tongass V – Enemies and enemy troops.
- Mists of Tongass VI – Created first quest using random encounters.
- Mists of Tongass VII – Weapons, armor, equipment, and shops.
- Mists of Tongass VIII – Created second quest using enemies on the map.
If you correctly followed all instructions, your game should be ready to export. Exporting a game creates an executable file that allows it to be played on other computers. This edition of RPG Maker also comes with Smart Phone capabilities. Pretty cool!