Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved diners, especially 1950s-themed diners or old, out of the way places that haven’t changed their decor in forty years. Greasy spoons that wouldn’t pass a health inspection. Unfortunately, there aren’t many classic diners in Illinois. No, Denny’s doesn’t count. When I moved to New York, I discovered the East Coast loves diners too. I decided to start posting travelogues/reviews of some of the diners I’ve visited over the years. The following is a list of some of the ones I’ll be writing about.
- Mother’s Cupboard in Syracuse, NY
- Doo-Wah Ditty’s Diner in Kimball, SD
- Prospect Mountain Diner in Lake George, NY
- Knotty Pine Diner in Wampsville, NY
- Flo’s Diner in Canastota, NY
- Suburban Diner in Paramus, NJ
- And many more~!
Keep a lookout for my All-American Diner Tour, coming soon!