Categories
Photography Roadside America

Mail Pouch Tobacco

Mail Pouch Tobacco
Bloch Bros’ Mail Pouch Tobacco sign in Fort Edward, New York. The Bloch Brothers Tobacco Company of Wheeling, West Virginia was a tobacco company best known for their Mail Pouch chewing tobacco.
Categories
Photography Roadside America

Sherwood Forest Motor Inn

Sherwood Forest Inn
Lake Placid, New York was home to the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics and sits in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains, so it’s been a tourist destination for decades. Establishments like the Sherwood Forest Motor Inn, at 15 Knottingham Road (off New York State Route 86), offer affordable accommodations for vacationing families.
Categories
Photography Roadside America

Muskie Monument

Muskie Monument
Muskie Monument in Frink Park, Clayton, New York on the St. Lawrence River. Created by William S. Salisbury and erected in 2014.
Categories
Photography Roadside America

Hotel Coyle Ghost Sign

Hotel Coyle
Ghost sign for the former Hotel Coyle, 552 Front Street, in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Categories
Photography Roadside America

Red Robin Diner

The Red Robin Diner, at 268 Main Street in Johnson City, New York, is a personal favorite. It’s a classic Mountain View-style diner that originally opened in neighboring Binghamton in 1950 and moved to its present location in 1959. The 35-ton diner took two hours to move. Chris and Pat Anagnostakos ran the business for 37 years until retirement. It was closed several years ago but looks like it’s open again!

Categories
Photography Roadside America

Magic Forest Uncle Sam

Magic Forest Uncle Sam
The world’s largest Uncle Sam statue outside Magic Forest amusement park at 1912 U.S. Route 9 in Lake George, New York. This Uncle Sam was erected in front of Magic Forest in 1982. He stands 38 feet tall and weighs 4,500 pounds.
Categories
Photography Roadside America

Town & Country Ghost Sign

Town & Country Ghost Sign
Town & Country Furniture was located at 253-259 South Main St. in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. This ghost sign is on the west side of the building.